Help is coming in Bulacan province’s way as government agencies will send their medical workers to help address rising coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) cases.
Provincial Task Force Response cluster head Dr. Hjordis Marushka Celis told the Philippine News Agency on Tuesday that the reinforcement is expected to arrive next week at the earliest.
Governor Daniel Fernando previously appealed to agencies, including the Department of Health and Philippine National Police, to lend their medical workers to look after Covid-19 patients.
“We already have a shortage of medical staff,” Celis said in a phone interview.
Celis said there are patients at Bulacan Medical Center and Bulacan Infection Control Center still in triage and waiting admission.
Fernando said they will screen nurse applicants even if they are not registered yet to address the province’s staff shortage.
As of Aug. 16, the first day of the modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ), the Provincial Health Office reported 2,606 active Covid-19 cases out of the confirmed 50,495.
A total of 46,851 have recovered and 1,038 have died.
The MECQ status will be until Aug. 31 and curfew hours will be between 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Other activities such as indoor dine-in are allowed at only 10 percent capacity; individual outdoor exercises are allowed within the general area of residences; while religious activities, wakes, weddings, and baptism are allowed at 10 percent capacity, which local government units may increase up to 30 percent during necrological services, wakes, inurnment, and funerals limited to immediate family members. (PNA)