Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Mayor Labella: 36 Of 80 Cebu City Villages Now COVID-Free

Mayor Labella: 36 Of 80 Cebu City Villages Now COVID-Free

Spotlight

EDSA Busway System To Implement Fully Cashless Transactions With Beep Cards

Cashless transactions via Beep card will begin on October 1.

SM Wins At 2019 Asia Sustainability Reporting Awards

The SM Investments Corporation has bagged yet again another award!

7 Commandments To Revitalize The Country Safely

Medical experts recommend strict health protocols for public transportation.

Alibaba Cloud Launches New Digital Ecosystem Strategy In The Philippines

This will help local businesses adapt further to the new normal!

Mayor Edgardo Labella on Tuesday announced that 36 of the 80 barangays in the city are now cleared of the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19).

He said based on the data gathered by the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) as of Monday, the city has detected no single active case of Covid-19 in those 36 villages.

The Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Infectious Diseases (IATF) established EOC in Cebu City last June after President Rodrigo Duterte sent Environment Secretary Roy Cimatu here to oversee the Covid-19 response.

The Department of Health in Central Visayas (DOH-7), however, showed a slight increase in active Covid-19 cases in the city from 335 a week ago to 356 based on it’s Monday case bulletin.

But the city detected only nine additional new cases against the 37 additional reported recoveries, which brought the total number of recoveries here to 8,732. The number is 89.5 percent of the 9,750 total infections since the onset of the pandemic.

Labella also announced last week that 49 of the 53 barangay isolation centers were shut already down since the number of patients has dropped significantly.

The mayor said while there is a reason to be jubilant because of this achievement, he urged the Cebuanos to be conscious of the presence of coronavirus in the community and to be mindful in observing minimum health standards such as wearing of face mask and physical distancing, among others.

Lawyer Rey Gealon, Labella’s spokesperson and city attorney, said in a virtual presser Monday that the city will continue to strictly enforce the health protocols, especially to establishments allowed to reopen under the modified general community quarantine (MGCQ).

“The mayor is serious in implementing the minimum health protocols and keeps on reminding the Business Permit and Licensing Office to always inspect establishments and if they are not enforcing it, we will shut them down,” Gealon said in Cebuano.

He said 70 establishments were ordered closed or voluntarily ceased operations for violating the protocols. They were slapped with a penalty of suspension of work.

Of the 70, seven got a 14-day work suspension while the rest were allowed to reopen after three to five days of closure. (PNA)

Latest News

Comelec Says Low Voter Registration Turnout ‘Expected’

Have you registered to vote yet?

Pres. Duterte Extends Term Of Task Force Overseeing Yolanda Rehab

Duterte extends the term of the inter-agency task force in charge of monitoring rehabilitation and recovery projects and programs in areas affected by Super Typhoon Yolanda until the end of his presidency.

Kapampangans Mark Diosdado Macapagal’s 110th Birth Anniversary

Kapampangans commemorat the 110th birth anniversary of the late President Diosdado P. Macapagal.

Palace Stands By Order Requiring Face Shields In Workplaces

Employees, to continue wearing face shields in workplaces.

Alibaba Cloud Digitalizes Sports Events With More AI Solutions

Cloud technologies revolutionize sports entertainment bringing new experiences to fans, organizers and broadcasters.

Livelihood Kits Up For 525 Biliran Small Businesses

At least 525 micro, small and medium enterprises in Biliran province will receive PHP5,000 worth of livelihood seeding kit from the DTI.

DepEd: 88.8% Of Target Learners Have Enrolled

A total of 24,661,768 learners have enrolled nationwide out of the targeted 27,770,263 learners who enrolled in the previous academic year.

Hospitals ‘Strictly Prohibited’ From Charging For Donated PPE Use

According to Vergeire, aside from the donated PPE, pieces of hospital-acquired PPE may be charged to patients during the COVID-19 health emergency response period as per Department Memorandum 2020-0269.

Usec. Vergeire: COVID-19 Cases Drop Due To ‘One Hospital, Oplan Kalinga’

"It (One Hospital Command) has given a breather to our healthcare system... We saw the healthcare utilization rate has gone down to level that's still in the warning level but the healthcare system was able to manage and we're able to open units in hospitals to accommodate patients."

LTFRB: Travel Pass, Early Booking Required To Board Prov’l Buses

LTFRB reminds travelers to secure a travel pass and book in advance before entering or leaving the National Capital Region.