MANILA – 70 percent of Filipino employees are happy with their jobs, which leaves only 30 percent who consider themselves unhappy, according to Philippines’ Job Satisfaction Report.

Among those who are pleased with their employment status, 15 percent classify themselves as “very happy” and 55 percent as “quite happy” while 25 percent consider themselves “quite unhappy” and 5 percent “very unhappy” with their jobs.

The report also reveals that the level of happiness among employees decreases as they climb the corporate ladder. Fresh graduates are happiest at 79 percent, followed by junior executives (70 percent), supervisors (67 percent), and directors up (68 percent), while managers scored the lowest percentage of happy employees at 66 percent.

Levels of satisfaction also see a marked decrease as employees stay longer in their jobs. Those who have stayed in their companies for less than a year are most satisfied at 75 percent, followed by those who have stayed from one to three years at 72 percent, while only 65 percent of those with longer period of tenure at three to five years are happy and only 62 percent of those who have stayed with the company for more than five years consider themselves happy.

- Ads by Adsense -

When asked about why they are satisfied with their jobs, 64 percent of respondents claim to be happy with salary, company benefits & incentives they are provided with; job role is second at 62 percent, and career growth and the company’s learning & development programs come in third at 60 percent.
However, the various drivers of job satisfaction differ in popularity according to position levels. Among fresh graduates, the primary reason for job satisfaction is salary, company benefits & incentives. Junior executives and supervisors claim pleasant relationships with colleagues and bosses as their primary driver of job satisfaction, while managers and directors up prioritize satisfaction with their job roles.

On the other hand, employees who changed jobs in the past three years say they left because they were dissatisfied with the salaries, benefits & incentives provided to them. Only directors up expressed dissatisfaction with their company’s working environment, culture & reputation as the primary reason they changed jobs.

A sizeable number still have plans of changing careers, a not surprising finding considering 90 percent of those who changed jobs think they made the right decision and 59 percent became happier. Fifty percent of junior executives have plans of switching in the next 12 months, followed by managers at 48 percent, and supervisors and directors up at 47 percent and 44 percent respectively. Only 40 percent of fresh graduates are looking forward to a new job within a year, as 33 percent claim they are still undecided about their careers.

* * *
The survey for this Philippines’ Job Satisfaction Report was conducted from June to July 2015. A total of 7,586 respondents from the entire country participated, with a representative mix of locations, position levels, and specializations.


- Ads by Adsense -
- Ads by AdAsia -